I just got back from 3 weeks at my folks in Vermont. The best part about VT for me is seeing my 2 best childhood friends. Jennifer and I have been friends for 30 years now. It is amazing to me that anyone not related to me has loved me that long and believe me , Jenny loves me! We are the kind of friends who make each other laugh until we pee our pants. Her family moved to Virgina when we were in grade school and we would write an occasional letter but when they would come back to VT for 2 weeks every summer we were inseparable for the entire 2 weeks. Her Grams became mine and they treated me like another grandkid.
I love this picture of us. It makes me laugh because until we hit puberty I was the tall one. She was this little bitty peanut and then she just showed up one summer and was 4 inches taller than me. I have been the midget ever since. The handsome guy is Doug, Jennifer's cousin who was my first big crush. Everyone used to congregated at Gramma Rita's so I saw him a lot those 2 weeks every year as well. You remember that older guy who was so nice to you even though you were tons younger? That was Doug. He taught us how to play pool and was never too busy to play board games or cards with these 2 giggling girls. He is still a good sport and it was fun to catch up with him.
I am so glad to be home but I miss my Jennay! I hope she will love me another 30 years!
1 comment:
She would be crazy not to :-)
Post a Comment