Friday, August 22, 2008

Just "Kidding" Around

About 3 weeks ago Seth decided we should get some goats. We have plenty of room, 3 acres, they are cute and fun for the kids, and they can help keep the lawn short. With Bradley gone this summer Seth and I realized how much work 3 acres is. Goats seemed like a great idea.

We took a little road trip and adopted two little pygmy goat girls. They were 2 weeks and 7 weeks and cute as anything! They both still get a bottle which is great fun. Although Liza Lou the older one doesn't need a bottle she still gets one. Yes they are spoiled already. Barbie says I will do anything to have a baby to give a bottle to. She might be right!

Daisy the baby is a little acrobat. She doesn't walk anywhere. She skips.....jumps, HIGH,.....runs,
and scoots all over. She is so fun to watch! If we have them out of their pen and get out of their sight they cry until you call to them and then they come racing to you.
They are sweet and fun and I have been suckered yet again into loving some more animals I may eventually become the sole caregiver to. My "city" boys didn't care for the smell of goats in the car.

Murphy and Daisy getting to know each other.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Amy - I had no idea you had goats...and I'm jealous of your 3 acres! We had close to that in NC, but we're WAY under it here in Jax. We miss our land. Love the goats, they're cute! How does your lawn look, are they earning their keep?