Lukie turned 5 on Friday. It makes me so sad that he is growing up. Every year he changes so much. I had planned to do an entire slide show of his last 5 years but I don't have a lot of digital pics of him and most of my photos have already been taken down to our new house. So I will do a abbreviated version. We had a small pizza party for him Friday night with our friends next door and I am taking him and a few of his buddies to Ollie Koala's later this week.
Saturday we were walking into the hockey rink and he was looking bummed out. I asked him what was bothering him and he looks up at me, shoves his hands in his pockets and sighs, " I just don't feel five." I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time. Of all of our kids he is most like his Daddy. Pain doesn't slow him down. He does everything with his whole heart. Whether it's loving or fighting he is going to give it all he's got.
No comments:
Post a Comment