
Yesterday Luke and Dalton were in the backyard playing and having a great time. Their hysterical laughter gave me pause once or twice...when 2 boys are having that much they must be doing something that would either
1. Blow up a house
2. Take someone's eye out or
3. Change the natural color of various backyard items.
Each time I checked they were just throwing balls or swinging wildly...harmless enough.
Then I heard the crying. Not "I'm mad at you crying" but "You just cut my right arm off" crying.
When I looked out the back door Dalton was dunking Luke's head in the dogs' water dish.
When Luke looked at me a large stream of blood was running down between his eyes covering his nose. Oh boy. I cleaned him up and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought thankfully. This was one of those times where someone could really have lost an eye! It seems they were using the doggie pooper scooper shovel to knock red berries out of the tree and Luke stepped into the path of the swinging shovel.
After I got him situated I had to laugh to myself. Leave it to my boys to inflict a wound with the poop shovel then try to clean the wound in the dogs' slimy water dish! UGH
Never a dull moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment